Robodrill - automation with machine tools
Special-purpose machines with robotics for solving automation tasks
IAG designs and builds customer-specific solutions for fully automatic and interlinked production lines, e.g. with vertical high-performance machining centres/machine tools provided by the company Fanuc.
With the FANUC ROBODRILL – a vertical high-performance machining centre for flexible milling, drilling and tapping, Fanuc offers a kit of tried and tested single-spindle machining centres/machine tools. The integration concepts by IAG serve as the basis to create complete, fully automated machining lines with, for example, magazine buffering, automated feeding and fully automatic output according to the customer’s specific requirements.
Typical project sequence:
- We support you in feasibility analysis/cycle time analysis; e.g. with a test machining of your actual component, so you can check the machining accuracy as well as the tolerances achieved during machining.
- Concept workshop for arranging the production process into sub-steps; presentation of the problematic process steps with regard to handling and quality criteria of the product and its control in a fully automated system.
- Concept creation of an automation solution including simulation of the process steps.
In comparison to the conventional double spindles/machine tools, the use of IAG systems with the FANUC ROBODRILL boasts numerous advantages:
- Patented high-speed tool changer/retooling in just 0.7 seconds
- Tool change of up to 21 tools per Robodrill
- Through intelligent machining strategies, the FANUC ROBODRILL achieves the same results as large machines in less time. In high-speed machining as well as in mould or 5-axis machining
- Extraordinarily strong revolver head
- Cutting-edge CNC and servo technology
- Stable and precise high-speed machining
- Precise manufacturing tolerances vs. double spindle/machine tools
- Efficiency: lower power consumption and smaller footprint
- Flexibility: fast retooling, advantages in the machining of different products
- Medium machining depth
- Compact and vertical construction
- Minimal downtimes
- Individual system layout and designs according to the customer’s specifications
IAG quote: “This successful partnership with FANUC has existed for over 20 years. This cooperation offers us reliable, global support. With FANUC, our credo of offering our customers the most complete service possible is fulfilled.”
Success story of FANUC and IAG
Fanuc K.K is a Japanese electronics and mechanical engineering company. Its name is an abbreviation of Fuji Automatic NUmerical Control. Since 1956, FANUC has been the pioneer in the development of numerically controlled systems in the automation industry, with more than 259 FANUC branches worldwide.