Working today on tomorrow‘s requirements for fully automatic production lines
Based on more than 30 years of experience in fully automatic pressing lines, we work on the mass market solutions for tomorrow - offering fully automatic production lines for the future. Our compression moulding presses are tailor-made systems with hydraulic or electric drives. They’re used for shaping and primary curing of powdery and at the same time resin-impregnated conductive compound materials for mono plates / bipolar plates for redox flow / fuel cells at certain temperatures and with related pressing times. All systems enable consistently high and reproducible product quality thanks to their high degree of automation.
Through constantly optimised processes, we offer our customers well thought-out solutions for automated system concepts. Product: mono plate / bipolar plates for Redox Flow Battery / fuel cell (LT-PEM, HT-PEM)
Our IAG Service
- Prototyping, testing samples as a service
- Support in getting to the mass production
- Fully automatic production lines for mass production and big volumes
Process for the production of bipolar plates
1. Positive compression moulding: direct hot pressing of Graphite powder. The powdered graphite-resin mixture is placed directly in the hot mould and pressed to form the mono plate.
2. Preform compression moulding: hot pressing graphite preforms. A graphite buck produced in a preliminary process is placed in the hot mould and pressed to form the mono plate.
3. Foil hot embossing: hot stamping graphite foil. A graphite foil produced in a pre-process is formed into a mono plate by means of hot embossing.
4. Sheet compression moulding: hot pressing of graphite sheets. A graphite sheet produced in a pre-process is pressed to form the mono plate using hot stamping.